The AWC Book Club meets about once a month at a participant’s home for a potluck meal and to discuss the book the hostess has chosen. We usually meet in the evening, although occasionally we have met on weekend afternoons for brunch or tea. The date and time is up to the hostess, although we set up polls in Doodle to try and find the time most suitable for the majority of participants.
A sampling of the books we have read recently:
- Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Gustav Sonata by Rose Tremain
- Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang
- The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
- The Summer Guest by Alison Anderson
- Little Failure: A Memoir by Gary Shteyngart
Please contact Susan Alexander at: moc.l1594504340iamg@1594504340cbnre1594504340bcwa1594504340 for more information.